Subscribe to my Newsletter

Wednesday 11 October 2017

Heart of Christmas - Week 20

This week for my Heart of Christmas cards I've used a lovely set called Beachy Little Christmas. This set typifies our traditional family Christmas in Melbourne, no snowflakes for us!
The first card has the Tree image stamped on a sheet of Wood Textures DSP. So that I had a brown tree (not black, using the Archival ink), I inked the stamp in Versamark then straight into Early Espresso, then onto the paper and heat embossed with Clear Embossing powder. The colours used to colour the image are Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Blushing Bride, Daffodil Delight and a tiny bit of Berry Burst on the candy canes.
The Pool Party cardstock layer has been embossed with the Seaside Embossing folder. The shells across the top were stamped in Black Archival on Crumb Cake and coloured with the same colours as the tree. The greeting was heat embossed in White on Crumb Cake. The string across the top is from the Holiday Catalogue. The next card uses the same stamp set, Beachy Little Christmas, but this time the boat house and palm tree images. Three boathouses and two tops of the palm trees were stamped in Archival Ink and coloured the cut out. Colours use are So Saffron, Marina Mist, Crumb Cake, Pear Pizazz and Soft Suede. The line of sand was masked off then sponged with Crumb Cake. The sky was VERY lightly sponged with Soft Sky. Two palm trees were stamped directly onto the base card.
The three boathouses and two palm tree tops were then attached with Dimensionals. Again, the greeting was heat embossed in White on Crumb Cake. The cardstock layers are Marina Mist and So Saffron.  I hope you love my non traditional Christmas cards as much as I do. For my amazing Christmas inspiration from the Art With Heart Team, head to the website of Tina Gillespie, who is hosting this week. 

 Happy Stampin, Rachel

 

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, these are great, but I especially love the beach houses. You've coloured them so beautifully, and I just long to sit in the steps of one and watch the waves roll in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great beachy Christmas cards. Perfect for what we need in the warm Aussie weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your cards Rachel! In your first card I love the embossed tree on the Wood Textures DSP and the garland of sea shells. I can almost hear the waves crashing on your second card and both cards are beautifully coloured. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Rachel! Your colouring is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10